A vaccination camp was organized by Surya Sabha Justice for All (NGO) at Dharamshala, Ward No. 58, Patiala today. A large number of residents got vaccinated. Aam Aadmi Party’s State Joint Secretary and Spokesperson S. Baljinder Singh Dhillon , Co-Lok Sabha Incharge Patiala Madam Preeti Malhotra, Madam Gurpreet Sandhu, Lakhwinder Singh Dhillon, Satish Sharma, Naresh Duggal (MC) and Ajaib Singh attended the function and lauded the campaign run by the organization. Surya Sabha has been providing free legal advice to every needy family for a long time. Every needy family is supported. On the occasion President Sandeep Singla, Legal Adviser Advo Pankaj Sharma , General Secretary Abhishek Mehta thanked the leadership of Aam Aadmi Party for coming there.
Tag Archives: Covid-19
In a few months, the mayhem wrought by covid-19 has changed us in ways one can’t imagine. We thought that the lock down will end by a week or so, but here we are after five months scared to hug our family members.
As people group revive and individuals are all the more frequently out in the open, the expression “physical removing” (rather than social separating) is being utilized to invigorate the need to remain at any rate 6 feet from others, just as wearing face veils. “social separating” is a term that was utilized before in the pandemic as individuals remained at home to help forestall the spread of the infection. Presently as everything is reviving and individuals are in open all the more frequently, physical removing is utilized to pressure the significance of keeping up separation when in open territories.
Our heartbeat rises every time the guard scans our temper. During this period when we are held hostage by an invisible enemy, we get caught between fear and anxiety such as worry about getting the virus when you go to the grocery but one should know when to cope with them on our own and when to seek help. Such matters are adaptive when you can use your anxiety as a motivation to protect yourself and your family by following the guidelines recommended by the government. You can deal with this phase by keeping a meaningful routine to keep yourself preoccupied.
When humans went into lock down, we adapted to our forced new life in lock down quite quickly. Being a tech-savvy generation we shifted to digital offices(work from home), Zoom conferences, Classrooms- an Id password away, video calling our friends and family to stay connected. We learned to live our lives without maids, without restaurants, started cooking the restaurant’s food at home. We learned to manage in less ration and this is what pandemic taught us LESS IS MORE!
And while we stayed locked, Wild animals started wandering around the cities across the world and experts claimed that the ozone layer is also recovering itself. The smog in most of the cities lifted and (AQI) Air Quality index was in the green zone in most of the cities. It is giving us this very uncommon understanding into exactly the amount of a wreck we people are a creation of our wonderful planet.
The World Health Organisation chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said, “Covid-19 is reminding us of a simple but vital truth: we are one species, sharing one planet.” This short hiatus only serves to show us how poorly we have lived our lives so far and to give a brief taste of how it could have been having we lived life differently. We should stop being the foe of nature, and rather become its companion.
Myths And Facts About The Corona virus (COVID-19) Infection – Dr. Y S Bath Columbia Asia Hospital
- People with COVID will die.
FACT: This means that out of every 100 people who suffer from corona virus, only 3 people are at risk of mortality. Around one in six people will become severely ill and need hospital care. Also if you have a healthy immune system, you can most definitely fight off the disease with the right care.
- Can you always tell if someone has COVID-19? FACT: No The virus can be in someone’s body for up to 14 days before they get symptoms, and some people will have such a mild case of COVID-19 that they might not notice that anything is wrong. That’s why it’s important that everyone follows government advice – including hand washing, using tissues to catch coughs and sneezes, and avoiding crowds – to stop the spread of the virus, even if they feel healthy.
- Can COVID-19 spread in warm sunny weather? Fact: COVID-19 can survive temperatures higher than 25C. You can catch it no matter how sunny and warm it is. So, whatever the weather you should follow the official advice to protect yourself from the virus.
- Will drinking lots of hot drinks stop COVID-19? Fact: There is no drink hot or cold that will protect you from COVID-19 or cure the illness.
- Should I use a strong disinfectant to clean my hands and body to protect myself from COVID-19? Fact: Washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water or rubbing an alcohol-based sanitizer on them will stop the virus spreading. Using stronger chemicals on your skin can be
- It is not safe to receive a package from China? Fact: The corona virus cannot live for long on surfaces of paper cardboard or other material used for packaging. So till the time you will receive your delivery, you will receive dead and unharming virus with it.
- Mosquito bites spread the virus? Fact: The carriers of the virus are humans but not mosquitoes.
- Mask should be worn while exercising? Fact: People should NOT wear masks when exercising, as masks may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably. Sweat can make the mask become wet more quickly which makes it difficult to breathe and promotes the growth of microorganisms. The important preventive measure during exercise is to maintain physical distance of at least one meter from others.
- Shoes spread COVID-19 Virus? Fact: The likelihood of shoes spreading COVID-19 is very low. As a precautionary measure, consider leaving your shoes at the entrance of your home. This will help prevent contact with dirt or any waste that could be carried on the soles of shoes.
- The prolonged use of medical masks cause CO2 intoxication/ oxygen deficiency? Fact: The prolonged use of medical masks( when properly worn), DOES NOT cause CO2 intoxication nor oxygen deficiency. The prolonged use of medical masks can be uncomfortable. However, it does not lead to CO2 intoxication nor oxygen deficiency
- Thermal Scanners detect Covid-19 infection? Fact: Thermal scanners CANNOT detect COVID-19. Thermal scanners are effective in detecting people who have a fever (i.e. have a higher than normal body temperature). They cannot detect people who are infected with COVID-19. There are many causes of fever. So, don’t hide your fever history, instead get it evaluated.
- Hydroxychloroquine is the best treatment for Covid-19 infection? Fact: There are currently no drugs licensed for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19. While several drug trials are ongoing, there is currently no proof that hydroxychloroquine or any other drug can cure or prevent COVID-19. The misuse of hydroxychloroquine can cause serious side effects and illness and even lead to death. WHO is coordinating efforts to develop and evaluate medicines to treat COVID-19.
- Covid-19 is spread through houseflies? Fact: COVID-19 is NOT transmitted through houseflies
- Exposing in Sun can be a protective measure from covid-19 infection? Fact: : Exposing yourself to the sun or temperatures higher than 25°C DOES NOT protect you from COVID-19. You can catch COVID-19, no matter how sunny or hot the weather is.
- Only old age people can contract the infection? Fact: People of all ages can be infected by the COVID-19 virus. Older people and younger people can be infected by the COVID-19 virus. Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and heart disease appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus. WHO advises people of all ages to take steps to protect themselves from the virus, for example by following good hand hygiene and good respiratory hygiene.
Corona age-a new age
There was a time when man witnessed a healthy and religious life with every disease which was curable. Fitness and health were the main concern and good health was the main goal of every youngster. But now everything has changed, fever, dry cough, tiredness and other associated problems have arisen in the news age known as Corona age.
A new kind of virus has been evident and observed in the air as well as human bodies.It causes an infection in our nose and respiratory system. After outbreak in China world health organization identified SARS-COV-2 as a new type of corona virus. Unfortunately it spreads mainly through person-to-person contact. Masks, sanitizer and social-distancing have become the feature of this age.Without this one’s survival has become tough and almost impossible. SARS-COV-2 is one of the seven types of corona virus including several diseases like Middle East respiratory system (MERS) and sudden acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Corona age has no boundaries and it’s lasting time is unpredictable. Isolation is one of the main characteristic of this age. A fear of getting Ill severely,can also prove to be fatal. Corona age is characterized with social distancing, apprehensions, assumptions, fears etc.
Reference : https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=22789
People with high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes appear to be vulnerable. No vaccine or medicine has been developed up til now. Average time of mild cases is approximately 2 weeks and 3- 6weeks for patients with critical disease. Hope for ending of this age is still persistent. A Ray of Hope is perceived clearly from the doors of God. Cori nil, remedies medicines etc. are expected to be much more promising in this age known as Corona age.
Effective business strategies amid Covid-19
With Covid-19 submerging the world into a state of inactivity, and for the business to come out of this unforeseen torpidity needs effective strategies. To combat Covid-19 and still be profitable, the businesses need to rethink the business model, the logic of doing the business. To continue with the habit of spewing profit as in the pre Covid-19 world, the business houses must opt for residual choices enforced by the new business model in the Covid-19 world. By residuary choice, the economist means opting for the benefits that last the duration of the service provided. As in film or music industry, the film once made continues to generate income long after the release, made possible through selling various broadcasting rights to TV or the media other than the cinema for which the film had originally been produced.
The first thing to establish in formulating a strategy for business in the Covid-19 world is to look for alternative processes through which the profit could be generated like cybersecurity, risk management, supply-chain reassessment, travel security, continuity plans, policies against disinformation and confusion.
For example, in the selling of a product at Amazon or Flipkart, just following the retail delivery of the product is not sufficient, the business model must enforce the parameters to make hygienic delivery of the product possible while lowering the labour cost of manufacturing. It requires additional data about customer buying patterns like whether the user lives in Covid containment area, is he a frequent traveller? or does he have any health issues? which we would see later could be assessed from crowdsourcing pool.
In the production, dependence on robotic control to manufacture products. As another example, the software giant like Microsoft can cooperate to offer their services topped with the services offered by the health sector to protect the supply chain and the end consumer as well.
These days, everything is on the cloud, and to access the cloud requires asset management which can be based on the following factor, depth of disruption- by itself, it means how long would the effect of the technical staff remaining away from work or continuing with work from home last?
One of the effective strategies could be to divide the team into two halves, one the red team and the other the blue, both opting for a dress code so that there is no confusion during the implementation of the strategy. The red team can work on odd-numbered days while the blue team could operate on even days. We are using game theory whereby the rational choices made by red team depend upon those choices made by the blue one and vice-versa.
Crowdsourcing is another business model in which a common pool is created for businesses to share their expertise and resources. To make effective decisions, the businesses thus could utilize the services of other businesses which might not be in the direct competition. The White-cup campaign launched by Starbucks to encourage users to decorate their cups is a step in the direction of crowdsourcing. On other occasions, amid the Covid-19 the people might prefer to stay home so the shoes could be designed in such a way that they bestow more comfort on the consumer while cutting down the quality costs of the material.
The tech giants like Google can crowdfund the other businesses in the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning to affect them in becoming more intelligent.
Launching the drive for the virtual offices at the home of the employees could indeed turn a valuable tactic in the long run. By defining the new normal for the employees where they can overcome the need to commute to the office could turn the tables on the pandemic. Wherever necessary, the workload that an employee can carry without any intervention should be delegated for home. We can expect the pandemic to end as soon as two years from now so the companies must prepare for the post-Covid phase as well.
As we have seen thus far, customer engagement as a part of business strategy in the times of Covid-19 is crucial. Just offering the discounts on spending levels is no longer a viable option, instead, encourage customers to participate in keeping the brand loyalty a top priority.
Marketing and Promotional
As far the marketing and promotional activities are concerned, the business house should encourage the subscription program for the customers to keep coming back, but it should be well targeted by the data taken from the shared resources pool with the other like-minded businesses.
Developing online forums
The business should develop online forums where to disseminate knowledge to the customers about the product so that they could use the product hygienically. The knowledge is power and the effective usage of knowledge through data-warehousing and data mining could result in better product delivery, production and pricing. The knowledge in the form of content should be more personalized to each user.
You must be logged in to post a comment.